Friday, April 22, 2016

It's in the way I communicate

I note with some sadness that people rarely comment on my blog. 

Looking back over my life, I realise that as time has gone on, I've become quieter and quieter.  With my wife, I find that if I say something, it can be taken the wrong way and unfortunately instead of her clarifying my meaning she just takes the wrong interpretation.  Sometimes I find out later that I had the "wrong" "Inflection" in my voice.  In general though I seem to just be a little off key with my interactions so I find it's easier to just stay quiet.

This does not seem to happen when I am with a group of guys.  General chit chat about sport, politics, religion or the attractiveness of some passing female. 

I guess with the guys, I am not discussing personal feelings or thoughts. 

Here on this blog and with my wife of course it is personal level discussion.  On here, I pour out my thoughts and feelings.  With the wife, I have learned not to share such things.  In that arena it seems that if I express an interest or desire in something, I then find she does not like it.  Whether sexual or whatever.  Most recently, I thought a scenic flight in a small plane would be nice.  Nope turns out she hates small planes.  Could not establish why or if she'd ever been in one.  She just does not like them.

And that is just the way it is.

4 comments:

  1. Without having more information I'm wondering if it's the way you communicate or HER lack of communication. It takes two for a conversation. Maybe a heart to heart to talk is in order with her having her ears open to hear what you have to say.
    archedone

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi I'm guilty of always reading but never commenting perhaps you aimed a little high pardon the pun try small steps that a lady would like think they are there sorry again

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am sorry that you have this type of relationship!! I thank God that I have the type of woman who is my BEST friend and who wants to know my innermost thoughts!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks guys for the responses. Kind of boosts the self esteem. :)

    ReplyDelete